Massage in Schools Programme
WE ARE CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS
MISP and Mini-MISP
WE CREATE PROJECTS IN SCHOOLS AND FAMILIES
WITH KIDS AND FOR THE KIDS
IN ORDER TO SUSTAIN THEIR GROWTH
IN TRUST AND RESPECT
FOR A PRESENT AWARENESS
AND A BETTER FUTURE
MISP (Massage in Schools Programme) for children of 4-12 years: is an international programme of positive touch and clothed peer massage (child to child massage). This successful programme, developed by Mia Elmsater and Sylvie Hetu, was first introduced in England in 2000 and uses massage and positive touch to encourage learning and develop children’s social and emotional skills. It is proven to improve children’s concentration and recognized as an effective anti-bullying strategy. The vision of the MISP is that every child attending school experience positive and nurturing touch every day, everywhere in the world. There are three main aspects to the MISP:
- An ethos of respect and choice as every child is asked for permission before massage and has the right to say ‘no’.
- A 15 minute clothed daily massage routine on the head, back, arms and hands, led by an adult.
- A range of activities, which use visualization and kinaesthetic learning and encourage positive touch throughout the curriculum.
The main benefits of the MISP are:
- Improved calmness and concentration
- Increased self confidence and self esteem
- Improved social skills with a greater number of relationships/friendships with peers and adults
- Happier and more relaxed children
- A reduction in aggressive behaviour and bullying
- A more positive attitude and greater engagement with learning
- Improved ability to work in groups and independently
- Greater creativity and problem solving
- Increased awareness of the body and signs of stress and anxiety
Mini-MISP for 2 and 3 years old kids: is a satellite program of the MISP for children of 2 and 3 years, introduced by the co-founders of the MISP to answer the demand of many MISP instructors and trainers and many parents asking for a program for the little ones under the age of 4. The program can be performed in kindergarten and in the family. The Mini-MISP provides a reduced massage sequence consisting of 3 movements for the 2 years and 6 movements for the 3 years in compliance with the principles of the MISP. The movements of the sequence are always accompanied by a story told to the children. The Mini-MISP also includes a series of contact and movement activities to be performed with the children.
INFO E CONTACTS : Paola Deponti e Elena Gilli
firstname.lastname@example.org +39 3294589442